Vacancy: Service Manager
TENET invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of Service Manager.
Reporting to the CEO, the incumbent will be accountable for the quality of the services delivered by TENET to its clients, and for the management of the service relationship between TENET and both clients and suppliers. He or she will work closely with key stakeholders, including the client community and senior staff of the SANReN Competency Area, in the collaborative identification of service development requirements and related service lifecycle processes.
Key Performance Areas include:
- Service Level Management, including ultimate accountability for the availability and reliability of all TENET services.
- Service Relationships, including relationships with suppliers and clients, and formal engagement in service improvement planning and reporting, including reporting to TENET's Board.
- Service Development, including collaboration with relevant teams from the SANReN Competency Area in performing a Science / Education Engagement function to elicit requirements for new and existing services from research and education communities.
- Responsibility for the Service Operations Centre. This is a compact team of four people, including the Manager of the Centre, who reports to the Service Manager. The SOC is based at TENET's offices in Johannesburg and handles all primary liaison with both suppliers and clients.
Knowledge, skills, and experience required:
- A working knowledge of at least one recognised IT Service Management framework such as ITIL or ISO/IEC 20000
- Experience of applying service management principles in a network environment
- A working knowledge of service provider IP networks
- Five years experience in a management role
- Experience in working in a higher education or research environment is highly recommended, as is some business development and CRM experience
The position calls for a positive, flexible attitude, the ability to think in system and process terms without being rigidly bound by them, and understanding of the objectives of higher education and research institutions.
For an informal conversation about this position please contact Duncan Greaves at +27 21 763 7144.
To apply for this position send an email to email@example.com. Include a covering letter describing your interest in the position of not more than three pages and a short CV that includes the names and contact details of three referees. Closing date for applications: 15 January 2016.
TENET reserves the right not to make an appointment.