Information for TVETS
TENET is no longer connecting TVET colleges directly. See the SABEN website for information on how to gain the benefits of SANReN connectivity.
Information for Schools
TENET does not connect schools directly. TENET does however connect schools networks. For information on a schools network near you, or on how to form one, please contact us.
Information for customers
TENET's Service Perfomance Targets
- Availability Target: 99% or better
- Reliability Target: fewer than 2 outages per month
- Mean Time to Restore (MTTR) Target: maximum of 8 hours
- National Latency: < 50 ms
- International Latency: < 260 ms
See Service Level Indicators and Targets for full details
How to log a fault
- TENET maintains a service desk that responds at all times ("24 / 7 / 365").
- To contact the service desk call 021 763 7147.
The TENET Site Number (TSN) is important for fault logging - it speeds the process of communication between the service desk and TENET's engineering staff. You can check the TSN number for any site on the graphs pages.
How to join the TENET network
How to order a new service for a site, or change an existing service
What about other requests?
- Requests for ad hoc reports, DNS changes, address space (both IPv4 and IPv6), and other requests (.i.e. anything other than fault reporting) should be directed to TENET's Network Operations Centre: noc at tenet.ac.za.
Requests for new ac.za registrations: visit the www.ac.za pages.
Subscribe to the REN-News list
If interaction with TENET's service support processes does not result in a satisfactory outcome you can lodge a formal complaint.