Who should contact our Service Desk?


Orders, faults, and queries should generally be logged by designated IT support staff at your institution.

Students and staff at universities or research councils

Unfortunately, we can't provide support directly to staff and students. If you're a student or staff member at one of our client institutions and wish to report a problem that you believe might be with our network or services, please make contact with your institution's IT help desk or IT service desk. Your own institution is best placed to give you the right information and diagnose the problem and can, if necessary, log a fault with us on your behalf.

TVET colleges

TENET provides connectivity to TVET colleges via a subsidiary called SABEN. See the SABEN website for information on how to gain the benefits of connectivity to the SANReN network at a TVET college, and for more information on the TVET College Connection Programme being run under the auspices of the National Skills Fund.

Schools / basic education

TENET does not provide connectivity for schools directly. TENET may, however, connect consortia of schools that are able to establish a "schools' network" to operate their own network and support a group of schools within a given geographic area. If you're a school connected to such a network, please contact your schools' network's help desk.

For information on a schools' network near you, or on how to form one, please contact us.